Worms on a Bun
- hot dogs
- hamburger buns
- Cut the hot dogs into thin slices lengthwise, and score the edges
(about three cuts per slice).
- Boil or microwave until the slices curl like wiggly worms.
- Add a few squiggles of ketchup, and serve 3 or 4 “worms” on
LIFE SCIENCE ACTIVITY
- Divide students into teams.
- Students will research worms as
- Teams will report findings to the class on a poster,
as a power point presentation or as a story.
Extra Activity: Read Diary
of a Worm, by Doreen Cronin.
P.A.S.S. Science Process—Grade 3-5: 4; Life Science—Grade 3:
2.2; Grade 4: 3.2; Grade 5: 2.2
Related OAITC lessons online: Mighty
Earth Mover, Case of the
Back to Food
Back to Food and Fun
Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom
Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom is a program
of the Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service, Oklahoma Department of
Agriculture, Food and Forestry and the Oklahoma State Department of Education