- two 6-inch flour or corn tortillas
- 2 T grated cheese salsa and/or sour cream
- shrededd carrot and zucchini or summer squash
- chili powder
- Saute shredded carrot and zucchini or summer squash and season
with chili powder.
- Place one tortilla on an ungreased skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle lightly with grated cheese and one tablespoon of the
- Top with a second tortilla.
- Cook for about two minutes on each side, or until the cheese
- Let cool for two minutes.
- Cut into wedges, pie style.
- Serve with salsa and sour cream.
Students work in groups or centers
of the nouns from the recipe on a set of index cards (carrot, zucchini,
squash, tortilla, etc.). Make several sets so each group
in the class will have its own set of cards.
write a possessive noun to go with each of the noun cards, then
create a sentence using the possessive noun.
Students underline the
possessive pairs in their sentences. (Ex. Scott’s
carrot was orange. The girl’s zucchini was chopped)
P.A.S.S. Reading—Grade 3: 3.1c, 3.3d; Grade 4: 3.1b