- peanut butter
- pretzel sticks
- orange juice
- Dip the bananas in orange juice to keep them from turning brown.
- Stick pretzels in the sides to make feet and in the top to make
- Spread peanut butter on the back, and stick raisins in to make
the interesting patterns found on most caterpillars.
- muffin pans (enough for one cup per student)
- flavored gelatin dessert powder
Gelatin Lady Bugs
- Have students line the bottom of the muffin pans with raisins.
- Mix gelatin powder with water according to instructions on package.
- Pour gelatin mixture into muffin pan sections, and chill until
- Place the muffin pans in warm water for a few minutes before
trying to pop the lady bugs out.
- Eat and enjoy.
Oklahoma Ag in the Classroom is a program of the Oklahoma Cooperative
Extension Service, Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food and Forestry
and the Oklahoma State Department of Education
Back to Vegetables
Back to Food
Back to Food and Fun